Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"Book hangover" - a literary conversation with Little Possum

Little Possum and  I had a big discussion about books yesterday. She informed me there is such a thing as a book hangover: "You know when you are reading a really great book and it finishes and you are really upset that it's finished". Yes, LP, I know that feeling!

What makes a book great?
"Well, when you read it it's like you are living it, and you want to read it over and over again. Other books are like 'yeah, that was nice, what shall I read next?'.

I told Little Possum that people who do not read live one life, and people who read live many lives. She had to ponder it for a minute, and then the lightbulb went on, and she understood it is about all the adventures you can have in your imagination when you read a really good book. It was as she said - you are living the book.

I'm so glad she has discovered the joy of reading!

Her current read:
Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull - for the 2nd time.

Next read:
The Hobbit
and then Lord of the Rings.




No comments:

Post a Comment